Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Made Dinner. (No It's Not the Apocalypse)

Before yesterday I couldn't even cook mac&cheese right.


        My dear sweet boyfriend had the notion that he needs to get me ready to be a cute little wife, so he sent me one of his favorite recipes and asked if I would try to make it.  It was a Lemon Chicken, with Mushroom Sauce.  He also enclosed a score card for someone to fill out.  It included questions like: How cute did Margot look while preparing and serving the food?  How many screams or shouts of anger came from the kitchen? Were the noodles aldanté? How lemony was the chicken?  How long until Margot could be persuaded upon to cook again? How long would it take Margot's husband to put the kitchen back in order and wash the dishes after the meal?  Bless him.
        I decided to bring the meal over for Chirs's parents to try.  Mistake #1, his mother informed me that it was her recipe.  She is an absolute amazing chef so that just added more pressure to it. Long story short, the dinner turned out shockingly delectable.  Chris's mother even said it was better than hers.  Maybe I do have a few qualities to be a good wife.

1 comment:

  1. How hideous, I tried to post a comment on this yesterday, but it apparently didn't work.

    I didn't even really know how to cook when I got married, so you've definitely got a leg up on me.

    ReplyDelete