Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I dearly love to laugh... A family trait I think


The next two stories are things that brought humor to my mundane life this last week:

  • I attended my sister’s class that she teaches at BYU on Friday, which was quite amusing, but my favorite part was when the students were complaining that their next paper was due the day Harry Potter 7 comes out.  This got the whole class distracted and talking about their excitement for the upcoming event.  One girl said, I heard there was a nude scene in the movie.  This comment erupted into more discussion on the matter, but immediately a boy commented and said, yeah and it’s Hagrid.


  • The next story takes place 35 minutes outside of Logan Utah where my dear friend (who shall remain nameless in case I want to write more about him later) would drive with his friends to patronize the nearest Denny’s.  Why they would drive that far for a 5th rate establishment is beyond me, but I suppose that living in such a small town makes you desperate. Anyway, he told me when they went there they hoped for the lunatic waitress, not the crazy lunatic.  This time they were graced by just the lunatic, so they thought they were safe.  When they went to pay their bill there were 3 waters on there and the lunatic asked, “Who had the waters?”  The three guys just kind of looked at each other and laughed, thinking she was joking.  One of them answered, “….Well they’re free aren’t they?”  “Yes, but I just need to know who’s bill to put them on.”  “Well there are three of us, and three waters…”  How some people function in life is beyond me… They joked that next time they went in there she was going to ask who used what napkin, and fork etc…  This is just further proof of why you should never go to Denny’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment