Saturday, November 27, 2010

Perfect German Specimen No More...

       I have had blonde hair my whole life except for a few months when I dyed it black for my competition dance team.  As everything in my life has fallen apart in the last few months, I decided to start over with everything, so I dyed my hair red.  I didn't tell anyone I was doing it, so it came as a huge shock to most.  Surprisingly everyone LOVES it, my mother even told me it looks so good that I should dye it red the rest of my life!  The only person I was scared to see it is my German grandmother.  True to form, the first time she saw it she didn't even give me a hug, she said "What happened to your hair?  Did you fall in a bucket of red paint?"  And her parting words were, "Next time I see you, you're going to be blonde, right?"  I can't please everyone I guess.  And even though I know that I am pretty much written out of her will now, for not looking like the perfect German arian race I am still happy with my decision of being a ginger. 

2 comments:

  1. Margot you do look so good as a redhead. I have seen people going "ginger" before and it just didn't look right/natural But you look so good! I agree with you mom! That is too bad about your grandmother. :( Like you said, you can never please everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your grandmother, but I am agreeing to disagree with her on this one. You are a beautiful blonde, but you should stay red.

    ReplyDelete