Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweetie Pie

I love to create beautiful food. Mostly cakes or desserts. For four years I have been a cake decorator at Baskin Robins where I have learned it all. Lately I have been trying my own creations at home. I decided that I also need to learn to make things taste good, I'm really good at the aesthetics side of things, but really don't know much about cooking/baking. Until a few months ago I haven't really cooked/baked much and I decided to start big. With a Black Forest cake. Absolutely the most delicious thing EVER! It turned out amazing! Shocked myself, and my family!
I have been following this darling blog that has inspired me. I needed to take a treat to some people today so I selected her recipe for carmel filled snicker doodles. They turned out so well! I have surprised myself with desserts I have made at home, take a look!


Here are some other creations I have made over the last little while...
Crayon box cake for Drew's school cake auction! (Best cake competing! In my opinion...)

Chocolate mint clown cup cakes-just for fun!

Now this isn't the actual picture of the cake, but I made an identical one to this at Baskin Robbins the other day.

Anyway, I've done a few wedding cakes over the years, and tons and tons of crazy birthday ones. So if you or anyone you know need a cake let me know! I've even started making my own ice cream cakes at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment