Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rwanda 01/02/11


I don't know
       Since my arrival in Rwanda there have been 3 words I have said more times than any other.  Those are: I don't know.
  • I don't know why when my plane landed in Addis Ababa it landed lop-sided and we almost flipped over and skidded off the runway.
  • I don't know why the man sitting next to me on the plane felt the need to get drunk.
  • I don't know why my luggage didn't show up, or why they didn't call me when it finally did. 
  • I don't know whether I will be living in Kigali or Gisenyi for the next 6 weeks.
  • I don't know why by some grace of God I ran into some Mormon missionaries on my flight who have helped me out more than I can say.
  • I don't know why Africans have NO sense of urgency when it comes to time except for the motorcycle taxi's-who will endanger your life to get you there as speedy as possible.
  • I don't know why they ushered us on to a hot stuffy shuttle bus for half an hour + while our plane was being cleaned instead of leaving us inside where we were at our gate.
  • I don't know if my poor family and boy friend are worried to death because they haven't heard from me since I got here. 
  • I don't know why the car taking me to the guest house stopped working in the middle of a busy street, and I had to lock all the doors and windows as I watched helplessly the driver jump on the back of a random bike to "go find a new car."
  • Most of all, I don't know why, but I am absolutely in love with the beautiful country of Rwanda.

1 comment:

  1. We were very glad you to hear you arrived safely, we were worried! All the mishaps in your journey seemed very typically African!

    ReplyDelete