Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How wonderful life is while you're in the world

Apparently in October of 1970 Elton John, and Laurent Gontier had a conversation that went like this. (According to Laurent)

L: Elton I need you to write a song for this really special girl named Margot.
E: Sure Laurent, no problem. It'll be called your song.
L: My song?
E: No, your song, here are some of the lyrics:

My gift is my song and this one's for you
And you can tell everybody this is your song…
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world…
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

41 years later I finally got the song that was written for me. Thank you Laurent! I love you more than I have words for. You truly are my better half, thank you for being the amazing person you are.
Side note: Laurent has actually played tennis with Elton John!

No comments:

Post a Comment