Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rwanda 2/16/11

I can’t believe I am going home. In some ways I feel as if Rwanda has been my home for years, and in other ways it feels like I just got here. I have mixed feelings about going home. I do miss Laurent so very much and I definitely will enjoy the comfort of my home, but I will dearly miss Rwanda and everything that comes with it. I will miss all the people that I served and made such strong bonds with. I will miss the fun I managed to have everyday. I will miss all the ridiculous and inexplicable things that happened everyday. I will miss all of the hard experiences I had everyday, that have made me a stronger, better person. I will miss the other volunteers that were so wonderful words cannot describe, I will consider them my second family for the rest of my life. I’m a few minutes from landing in LA now, most of all I hope I can bring home all of my new knowledge, love, strength, and compassion with me. I will always keep Rwanda and these lessons close to my heart.
Murakoze cyane Rwanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment